Hello! It’s been a while and I owe you a lot of blog posts. For today, I want to share to you my current skin care routine and current love. If you remember a few weeks back, I was one of the 200 people to have won a Hydra Végétal 7-day Program Kit from Yves Rocher.
Yves Rocher Hydra Végétal 7-day Program Kit contains:
According to Yves Rocher:
The secret moisture retention powers of botanical saps.
Sap from maple trees and blue agave plants combined with patented betaine lock in a water supply deep inside the skin. This acts as a perpetual moisture reserve* that circulates throughout every layer of the skin, even the most dehydrated, providing deeply penetrating moisture.**
Your skin is thoroughly saturated so it receives intense continuous moisture and looks replenished** and radiant!
(*in vitro test) (**in vitro test using RAMAN spectroscopy)
Directions: Use this beauty routine morning and night for soft, luminous skin that is thoroughly moisturized and beautifully radiant.
- Apply the Hydrating Cleansing Milk with a cotton pad to face and neck.
- Next, use another cotton pad to apply the Hydrating Toner.
- Finish your treatment with 24H Intense Hydrating Gel Cream.
*Products tested under dermatological supervision.
For all skin types, normal to combination skin.
Made in France.
Hydrating Cleansing Milk (50 ml)
This is the first cleansing milk I have tried. I was amazed by the thought that I no longer needed to wash my face with water.
Ingredients: Water, parrafinum liquidum oil minirale, glycerin, ethylhexyl cocoate, coco-caprylate, sorbitan stearate, ceteth-20, propylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, methylparaben, fragrance, sorbic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract, ethylparaben, propylparaben, tetrasodium edta
Hydrating Toner (50 ml)
Ingredients: Water, alcohol, propylene glycol, butyene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract, oleth-20, methylparaben, oleth-10, tetrasodium edta, fragrance, allantoin, sorbic acid, potassium sorbate.
24H Intense Hydrating Gel Cream (15 ml)
Ingredients: Water, glycerin, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone, zea mays (corn) starch, ethylhexyl stearate, methylpropanediol, ethylhexyl cocoate, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, glyceryl stearate, butylene glycol, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, sorbitan stearate, mangiferin, peg-100 stearate, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract, fragrance, agave tequilana leaf extract, methylparaben, ammonium acryloydimethyltaurate, phenoxyethanol, ethylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, allantoin, xanthan gum, propylparaben, , tetrasodium edta, lactic acid, potassium sorbate.
What I like about the product:
- Very moisturizing!
- Does make my skin soft and radiant.
- The cleansing milk can remove light makeup.
- The gel cream does not make my skin feel greasy or oily.
- The amount of product you get is enough for more than 2 weeks and I am now on my 4th week!
- Contains phenoxyethanol and parabens. I saw articles about it but I think it is still arguable whether it really is bad for the skin or not. Some people might not strictly like it, while I am just neutral about it. Until there is a final say on it, I will stay neutral about this matter.
- Contains fragrance. I do like the light sweet smell of it, but I prefer my products unscented. Fragrance in itself has too many chemicals in it.
What I don’t like about the product:
- The packaging for the cleansing milk and toner is not user-friendly. The hole is too big, if you’re not careful you’d get too much of the product or spill it.
Unlike the cleansing milk and toner, the packaging of the gel cream makes it easier to dispense the product and control the amount of product you want.
- I had minor stinging in the cheeks area, near the nose, but it’s bearable.
Verdict: I am in love with this skin line! As I always have mentioned, I have dry- very dry skin. I was very excited to try this product because it offers to hydrate the skin. Moisture is something our skin really needs because we only retain a fraction of the water in our skin. I have been using this for weeks now and the results are great! Despite being dehydrated most of the time, because I am always too lazy to drink water, my skin was able to maintain its moisture. I no longer had dry, flaky patches on my face! Plus, my T-zone started to get a bit oilier than usual! Some of you may find me weird because I rejoice on the oiliness of my skin but I believe that the skin needs a bit of oiliness. My skin was so dry before that if I were to use an oil blotting paper, there would be no oil stains. I believe that my skin has become more youthful looking!
Would I repurchase? Yes! Yes! Yes!
To whom do I recommend this to? To anyone who needs a moisturizing skin care product.
Have you tried Yves Rocher’s Hydra Végétal line or any Yves Rocher’s products? How was your experience?