Fermented Raspberry Foam Cleanser (150 ml) Php 595
I was window shopping around the mall when I saw this for sale. I immediately thought of purchasing it because it’s on a buy-one-take-one promo at only Php 595. I also bought this because I wanted to get out of my usual facial routine and give Korean facial washes a try.
I have no idea what it’s for because it’s not completely translated into English. The Face Shop do something already! I also don’t know if this is a new product of The Face Shop or if they have stopped producing this product in other countries because I cannot find any information about it. Not a single review or information about it. Not even on The Face Shop’s website! The only information I could gather is on Fermented Blackberry Foam Cleanser but by staring at the product photo, I assumed that it is the same product because it has the same packaging and label.
According to Choi-Market (assuming that they are the same product):
The Face Shop Fermented Blackberry Foam Cleanser 150ml
- Just one step for complete cleansing
- Skin type: All skin
Contain special natural Fermented Blackberry, remove make-up residue with strengthening adsorption, moisture, deep clean nourish skin, can promote skin metabolism, give skin vigor.
- Effective cleansing effects.
- Minimize the stimulation to skin.
- Removes impurities and dead skin cells.
How to use
Apply an appropriate amount on palm, rub it with fully foam, circular massage on facial, then rinse well with water.
Ingredients: Water, PEG-8, stearic acid, myristic acid, potassium hydroxide, glycerin, lauric acid, butylene glycol, sd alcohol, 40-B, PEG-100 stearate, glyceryl stearate, hyaluronic acid, saccharomyces/ rubus coreanus fruit ferment filterate, polyqyaterium-7, fragrance, benzyl benzoate, butylpheny, methylpropional, linalool, disodium edta, yellow 5 (CI 19140), red 4 (CI 14700), phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben.
What I like about the product:
- It is well sealed. You are sure of the product’s freshness.
- It is light, creamy, mild and gentle to skin.
- Doesn’t irritate my skin.
- Doesn’t dry out my face nor does it make my skin tight.
- Leaves my face soft and smooth.
- Squeeze tube packaging makes it easy to dispense the product and control the amount to be dispensed.
- A little goes a long way and I don’t know when I’d be able to use this up! Just a tiny dime/ centavo size is enough for the whole face.
- Able to remove light makeup.
- Bought two for only Php 595! I saw them some branches of The Face Shop still offering them.
- Contains phenoxyethanol and parabens. I saw articles about it but I think it is still arguable whether it really is bad for the skin or not. Some people might not strictly like it, while I am just neutral about it. Until there is a final say on it, I will stay neutral about this matter.
- Contains fragrance. I do like the light sweet smell of it, but I prefer my products to be unscented. Fragrance in itself has too many chemicals in it.
What I don’t like about the product:
- Not completely translated into English! Come on, you’re selling to customers who don’t understand Korean might as well translate your products into English. What I don’t understand is that they only translate directions, caution, ingredients into English but not the product description .I do hope that these brands would make an effort to connect to their customers. I had trouble with this product because I had a hard time getting information about this product. From now on, I am boycotting all products which are not translated into English.
Verdict: I actually liked this product because it didn’t dry out my skin or make my skin tight. It also didn’t irritate my skin or itch. I have been enjoying using this product.
Would I repurchase? No. I bought this last October and I haven’t finished the entire thing and I still have another “tub” (forgot the term to use for them) to go.
To whom do I recommend this to? As for now, no one until they translate their product information to English.
Have you tried any The Face Shop foam cleansers?