If you remember last week I mentioned that National Book Store Quezon Avenue was having a warehouse sale. I decided to go on their first day of sale with my friends. Even though it was a school day, there were many people who arrived but it wasn’t that crowded. Thankfully, we arrived early and were able to get some good books.
I was able to buy hardbound books that only costs Php 50 each! Sadly, I didn’t know that Bright Young Things was a series and wasn’t able to get the sequel. I also didn’t find any from the Luxe Series. I don’t know anything about Nora Roberts but when I saw them I just thought that I had to buy them for my friends.
The only good paperbacks I was able to get were all classics. All of them costs Php 30 or Php 50. I wish I went there earlier to get better books; I saw a lady with a Cecilia Ahern book and another with Jane Austen’s Emma, etc. I envy my friend who was able to get Agatha Christie’s books for only Php 30 each and my friend’s friend who was able to get Catching Fire and Mockingjay for only Php 75. I was also shocked to see that Charlaine Harris’ books were sold at low rates! I guess she’s not popular here.
Sadly, I wasn’t able to buy any of the books I really had in mind:
- A Tale Of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
- The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Little Prince – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- The Pilgrim’s Progress – John Bunyan
- Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Frankenstein – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Iliad – Homer
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë
- Room – Emma Donoghue
- Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes – Edith Hamilton
I remember seeing The Secret Garden but I don’t remember why I didn’t buy it. There were also a number of Jane Eyre books but they were all in Movie Tie-In Cover, which I hate. I guess I’d just have to purchase them on their regular price or hope that someone would buy one for me. LOL.
I am very happy with my purchases, I was able to build my “classics library”. I am very much excited to read them. All in all I bought 19 books which only cost me Php 870! Great deal isn’t it?
Have you read any of the books I’ve mentioned or shown? What are your comments and suggestions in my book list and reading list?